Disclaimer & House Rules
It should be stressed that Family Immigration Alliance cannot be held accountable for the accuracy or otherwise of any messages posted.The Family Immigration Alliance is not able to give legal advice on immigration directly to the public and any request for legal advice through the blog will be ignored. The FIA accepts no liability whatsoever for any messages posted on the website, including comments from users offering legal advice. The purpose of this blog is purely to express the personal experiences of people who are affected/have been affected by family immigration rules. No responsibility for the accuracy and correctness of personal contributions from the public, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by the Family Immigration Alliance.The content does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a lawyer about your case or matter and not to rely on the information or comments on this site.Please note that these blogs and comments represent only the opinions of the individual contributors, and not those of the FIA, except where stated. No responsibility for authorship should be interpreted from the ‘Author’ tag at the top of each post; this is merely the logged-in user of the blog. Please check the bottom of each post for the author, which will be written in-text, except where anonymous.Your contributions
The Family Immigration Alliance will uphold the anonymity of contributors on the blog where requested by the contributor.
This blog is publicly accessible; make sure sensitive or confidential details you do not wish to publish are not included in your contribution – please be honest and use discretion.
Please keep contributions to 1000 words max.
1. Please be civil– we will remove anything that:
- Is considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- Is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contains swear words or other language likely to offend
- Breaks the law, condones or encourage unlawful activity or which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Impersonates someone else
- advertises products or services
Trackbacks and links will be published unless the page they link to breaches the house rules above or where the website they link to contains, or directly links to, material which is:
- Pornography and sexually explicit content
- Text and images likely to offend most people
- Hate sites (on grounds of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Gratuitous violence
- Condones or encourages unlawful acts
- Breaches copyright law or encourage others to do so (e.g. peer-to-peer music sites, illegal downloads of software and games, etc.)
- Defamation and contempt of court
- Hacking or other technical disruption to online services
- Describes how to conduct an unlawful act (e.g. bomb-making, fraud etc)